Friday, January 25, 2013

90-minute Bliss


Yesterday things were getting a little frantic. I had two tired three year olds both throwing fits at the same time. And my energy and patience had expired. So I scooped them up and put them in the car for a little sanity ride.

It worked quickly and I was back home with two sleeping three year olds. Ah!

The older three were playing which turned a little loud with slamming doors and squealing. Then we had one less three year old sleeping. But Miles came and sat with me on the couch and fell back asleep. Little did I know the kid would sleep for 90 minutes on my lap. (My sitting bones are not used to sitting for 90 minutes and I was getting quite uncomfortable.)

But it was such a blissful moment. I actually had all three older kids quiet for 90 minutes. I don't remember that ever happening before. Please remember we are in our last days of summer where squabbling is at its peak, and we were blessed with 90 minutes of quiet! And I had a sweet three year old who is growing up fast and will someday be a seven year old that runs around and is too busy to sit with his mom and take a nap.

So I will take the physical discomfort for the emotional bliss any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment