Wednesday, January 23, 2013
A Brazilian Dentist
We had our second visit to the dentist today. I didn't write about the first, sorry. Aren't you glad to know I'm not perfect.
Abby LOVES the dentist. She wants to be one when she grows up. She was so happy to get a toothbrush at the end. Our friend said they don't give toothbrushes or stickers or anything at the end. But the first time we went Abby boldly asked if they give out toothbrushes, and I think the dentist went out and bought us some for this visit. Isn't that amazing?
Miles got in the chair and sat with his mouth wide open for almost a whole minute waiting for the dentist to get ready. It was super cute to watch.
Felix was obedient. Yay.
I had one cavity. And I hope you are sitting down for this. I didn't have any novocaine. The dentist said it was just a small one. And I thought. I delivered twins naturally with no anesthesia, I should be able to handle a bit of drilling on one tooth.
It wasn't so bad until the end. And we and three or four really sensitive drilling sessions. But I survived.
And now I have even more motivation to brush well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That looks so modern! I was having flashbacks of the time I went to the dentist in
ReplyDeleteBrazil and it was not a good experience. Glad you came away with only one cavity. Matt is getting one filled on Monday, if that helps you feel any better.
Dan feels your pain. He didn't have Novocain at the dentist until he was 16. His dad didn't want to pay for it and Novocain made his mom sick, so the kids went without. Sometime ask Dan about the day Jimmy Carter was inaugurated. He remembers it vividly since he had two deep cavities filled that day. To contrast, our kids wonder why they can't have laughing gas every time they have dental work done. Softies. :-)
ReplyDelete