Monday, April 22, 2013

More Birthday surprises


It sure is all about me, isn't it? Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

By what it really says is how wonderful my new friends are.

I really was feeling just fine about my birthday. Saturday was so good I didn't worry much about Tuesday. But it turned out awesome.

Our good friend "Brother Bruno" borrowed Grace and Abby to walk across the street to the mall and bought some very Brazilian Havaianas (flip flops) grace chose some lovely plum shade and Abby chose a bright pink flip flop magnet. I love Havaianas!

At the same time a dear sister brought me a huge pot of flowers and balloons plus the sister missionaries. We chatted and they sang songs for me. So very sweet. I wish I had baked a cake to share with them.



After their departure we just had enough time to grab some dinner somewhere. The only thing I wanted for my birthday was to not cook. And I kind of wanted salmon. We had a great lunch at this gas station a few weeks ago, so we tried it. But they were out of fish, and we were running out of time. So we grabbed a subway sandwich (I always feel like such a disappointment when I tell you what we eat, I can eat chicken hearts and avocado shakes, but a major stress in my life is finding something for the kids to eat, and I didn't want to be stressed tonight.)



After dinner we went home before another surprise party came. Folks, this is a great idea. Make a cake, bring some gifties, a bag of chips and show up at someone's house. It is awesome! Instant party!



I was amazed. I have never seen so many brigadeiros in my life. It was so great. Our first party game was to have all my friends help Oliver with his homework. They couldn't figure it out so we used google. Also right before they came Abby cut her foot on our floor and was bleeding all over, so she got lots of attention and brigadeiros delivered to her. But we still had such a lovely time!





I just can't believe how nice people are!



2 comments:

  1. What fun! Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you were showered with love on your birthday!! You are wonderful, Kris & amaze me with all you're doing. I love coming to your blog & seeing all of your adventures & experiences!

    ReplyDelete