Sunday, July 14, 2013

Church and Toys

The best day at church

Being able to understand everything

Being able to talk! To share my experience too.

My face hurts from smiling so much, it is that good.

Now a little bit about my little Felix.

I think out of everyone Felix has had the hardest time being in America. We talked a lot about America in Brazil. We skyped with Aunt Bee in our house. we saw a few pictures from our old house and videos, but still Felix was not prepared.

It was so easy for the rest of us. We felt immediately at home. And I think being so immediately comfortable I forgot that it might be a new world to him. Poor kid. He just doesn't remember any of it. The first week he only wanted snacks from Brazil, nothing that looked new.

Then that first week we take him from this "new" house on the road to a hotel, then another new house - my sister's house in Kansas, then back on the long road and then to this not so new house.

The one thing that has helped Felix transition is toys. This "new" house isn't so bad since it has lots of toys. My sister house had an amazing collection of Chevron toy cars. Felix was in heaven. The car ride home was tough, no much room for toys. But then back to this not so new house with plenty of toys.

But church was hard today for him. Lots of new people and again a "new" place he doesn't remember. He sprinted from the children's Sunday school/ Primary. He tolerated the nursery (which I know he is way too old for) only because there were toys. All the other kids were on the other side of the room with snack, but Felix was still playing.

I guess what his constant is, is toys. It helps him feel comfortable no matter the situation. I am sure glad he has something to literally hold on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment