12:13 leaving Antonina. I say I am not ready to get back to real life. Jamison says my life hasn't been real for over a year. True. I live with about 80% less stress and about 90% less things to do.
Miles is tired of traveling and wants to go back to his Brazil house. Felix says he is tired of being in the car (for ten minutes) and has a headache and wants to go back to the hotel for a nap.
Miles is tired of traveling and wants to go back to his Brazil house. Felix says he is tired of being in the car (for ten minutes) and has a headache and wants to go back to the hotel for a nap.
4:10. Graal rest stop. They had a nice per kilo buffet with plenty of vegetables for me but nothing Felix and Miles would eat. That's OK we had peanut butter in the car and what they really needed was not food it was time and space to run around in the play area. After we paid and exited the rest stop and that's when we found the best castle themed area we have seen in Brazil. Too bad we didn't find it earlier, the kids would have loved spending more time there.
6:17 Osasco, I thought we were in Sao Paulo
7:13 The last potty stop Sao Paulo before home! Best thing ever in Brazil for me, a mint gelato dipped in belgium chocolate. Perfection. Everyone else got popsicles, but I got a little piece of heaven!
7:55 Colinas Condos! Home sweet home! 311 miles today, 7 hours 42 minutes
In total about 1,717 miles traveling. Almost 12 movies watched. Countless juice boxes and chocolate milk. We were in the car so much we got tired of the music on our phones. We should have checked out an audio book or got some new music. But it was nice to just not have anything on (the frequency thingy we use to connect the devices to play through the radio had a super high buzzing/ringing sound that only I could hear and I was super glad anytime we just didn't have anything playing). But it was worth some super high buzzing/ringing to have the kids last through all the time in the car.
We did it. We drove all the way across Brazil. When Jamison first proposed the idea last year, I said I would absolutely not do that. That it was crazy. That he could drive with the kids and I would fly and meet him. That Jamison and I could take turns flying down. But I mellowed. And I really wanted to go to Iguacu, it was the first thing that came to mind when Jamison first proposed moving to Brazil. I remember seeing the waterfalls in the movie, The Mission, and I remember my sister, Elena, talking about visiting them after her mission. And I am so grateful that my family had a chance to take this trip of a lifetime!
We did it. We drove all the way across Brazil. When Jamison first proposed the idea last year, I said I would absolutely not do that. That it was crazy. That he could drive with the kids and I would fly and meet him. That Jamison and I could take turns flying down. But I mellowed. And I really wanted to go to Iguacu, it was the first thing that came to mind when Jamison first proposed moving to Brazil. I remember seeing the waterfalls in the movie, The Mission, and I remember my sister, Elena, talking about visiting them after her mission. And I am so grateful that my family had a chance to take this trip of a lifetime!
OK. I don't really have 90% less to do. I still do all the home management action items, but I feel like I have so much less to do, but I am still busy. It is just nice not to be stressed out all the time.
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE the trip reports. Go-Go-Go!
ReplyDeleteExcellent parenting! You win for road trips!
ReplyDelete