Thursday, February 27, 2014

Back from Germany, now let's pack

Sigh of relief!  Jamison is home again.  I don't know why it makes me so tense when he travels  (ok, I know there are plenty of reasons.)  Even when he comes home at 5:30 am, I am happy and feel relieved that I made it through another time of single parenting.  (And I really feel for those who single parent full time!  Exhausting.)

Jamison really enjoyed Germany.  He even said it would be a great place to move to.



He liked the orderliness.  People on bikes.  Walking paths.  30 minute train ride to downtown Munich.    He liked the Italian pizza made by an Italian!  (And said it will be hard to eat  Brazilian pizza again.) 

The best pizza he has had in Years!  Arugula, Parma ham, REAL Parmesan CHEESE, made by an Italian!  


He loved the office in Germany.  Modern.  Open.  Trees and plants everywhere.  Even a atrium in the middle.  Windows.  Adjustable Table heights!  A place where Jamison felt like he fit in height-wise!  (Remember that time we lived in Japan and the kitchen counters were just above your knees.)  He was really impressed. 

Jamison noticed quite the contrast between the Germans and the Brazilians.  Let's just say that Jamison chats a little more than most Germans care for. 

"New" town hall (looks pretty old to me)  Even has a glockenspiel.

And we were so glad to hear that Jamison was led to find the treasure of Germany.  He was walking down a street with mostly closed shops, when what should catch his eye in a window.  But the Ferrari store sign reflected in reverse.  I think only Jamison can read Ferrari reflected in reverse.  He was lucky it was open!  I am lucky he only bought a notepad and magnets. 



Jamison loves the contrast of old German buildings with the modern additions. 
The other great news is that while he was in Germany Jamison found out he got tickets for World Cup!  He has been working SO hard trying to get tickets and has been SO frustrated.  He got one match out of the fifteen that he tried to get.  But the downside is we won't know where or when the match is until 5 or 6 days before the match (June 28 or 29).  And the two cities it could be are either a 7 hour drive from us (Belo Horizonte) , or a 3 hours plane ride (Fortaleza).  So it awesome he got them, but still maddening at the same time. 

OK.  Now that Jamison is back it is time for us to pack for a 5 day weekend thanks to Carnaval.  We will go to Paraty again.  So I got to go, we want to leave early in the morning so the 3 1/2 hour drive doesn't turn into an 8 hour drive because of traffic.  Funny how living between Sao Paulo and Rio can create some major traffic jams.  

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Jamison. Mary has friends living in Germany for school and they just absolutely love it there. Congrats on the World Cup tickets.

    ReplyDelete