We have 21 days until we are back home.
I am so excited that I am giddy. I am trying to contain myself, I do have a party for 20 kids this Saturday. But after that, we get to pack and buy Brazilian stuff for you all and look forward to the thoughts of all the big hugs we will get and give.
Funny things flash through my mind, like marshmallows. Like how I will be able to actually take marshmallows, melt them with butter and add cereal to them to make Rice Krispy Treats, or even better scotcheroos!
And that thought makes me cry.
The thought of such abundance. The thought of a bag of marshmallows costing $10 here, and that you would never melt them down to use them as an ingredient. The fact you could actually FIND rice Krispy cereal, even the beloved generic no name brand!
Oh a life of ease and convenience, My American Dream.
rice crispy treats ARE a miracle.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm finally caught up on your blog. It's like reading all the Twilight books, but just before the movie comes out. NOT.
ReplyDeleteWhy not make your own marshmallows? Or your own Miracle Whip?
ReplyDeleteJen -- Do you have a recipe for Miracle Whip?
ReplyDelete