Friday, June 14, 2013

T-minus 1 day to Bday



I have been working all week for tomorrow.

Laundry didn't get ironed. Meals didn't get made. And various other standards were not kept up.

I haven't been stressed. I have just been busy. But it still takes a lot of work. And I asked Jamison to remind me never to do this again. And of course he replies, I could have told you that before you started planning this all. Yes, yes, he could.

But part of me just wants to invite the whole world. Part of me just wants everyone to have a magical time and find happiness in the fun.

And then I worry what if I did all this effort and time and only the three people who RSVPd actually come.

And then I worry what if all the people Abby invited (her whole class, her teachers, Oliver's teachers, random people who she probably didn't even know their name) actually all came! I would have to get more food!

Yesterday Jamison was amazed how calm I was. Today the friend that was going to make the Hello Kitty cake wasn't able to. No problem, I understand, but it added a bit more to my list.

What I also didn't plan on was going to another birthday party with the kids tonight (an hour of so away from bday HQ). And having Jamison gone late to pick up soccer tickets. So if I can't pull this birthday off then I blame FIFA!

The party isn't until 3 pm, so we have the morning to get it all ready. It is pretty nice. And really I appreciate all the family's help. Jamison will be an integral part of the plan tomorrow. Grace has been amazing in her prep work, she is so capable. It is like my clone do my work for me. Even Felix, Miles and Abby helped when I needed a ribbon factory to cut a whole lot of ribbon to the same length. And Oliver has done his part by not complaining about why Abby gets a big party. That is a HUGE help to me.

I explained (and really believe) this is a party for all the kids. They have really done an amazing job with all the challenges and adventures this whole experience has brought. I am super proud of them. Let's celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment