This was just five minute walk from our pasouda. It was down a pretty sketchy alley way that I would never walk down at night. The waves here were huge and crashed close to shore. There was also a strong counter current so it was pretty terrifying being the life guard for the little kids. But it was only 90 minutes of terror, so we survived and didn't lose a single child. (but we did forget the camera)
Back to the pasouda to check out and rinse the sand off. Then in the car for beach no. 2. Toque Toque Grande. It starts with a quick trip to the waterfall by the road side.
We were thinking this next beach would be a good swimming beach, And our first look we thought that was true. No waves to be seen.
Then we got a bit closer and saw some big waves crashing onto the beach. Felix and Miles stayed clear and played in the sand. The rest of us had quite a few adventures.
Abby had a great time until a four foot wave came while she was turned toward the shore and washed her favorite pink goggles off her head. We searched in vain. But she said a few minutes later, "I have learned my lesson mom, not to wear my goggles loose."
And . . . maybe not stand in four foot waves.
I tried out the snorkeling gear. I had a hard time not breathing through my nose. And I had an even harder time when what seemed like a ten foot waved crashed right down on me and I totally had a panic attack (like when they put the oxygen mask on me during Grace's delivery.) It was horrible. So I took a break from the waves.
| This is Jamison, NOT having a problem with snorkeling. |
At the end of the day at the beach my favorite thing was drawing in the sand just Miles and Me. Every one else was off exploring a stream, sand that reminded us of Utah, and where the beach ended and turned into the Atlantic Rainforest.
Miles and I used a stick like a windshield washer as an eraser. We drew Goldilocks and the three bunnies. Then some turtles, they were big so obviously they were Leatherbacks, says Miles.
And that is the end of our 4 day weekend trip (we saved an extra day for Sunday to rest, clean up and get ready for the week ahead.)
Wow! What a great weekend. We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteSounds memorable. Glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDelete