Sunday, August 18, 2013

Altogether Enjoyable

Felix woke up with a little runny nose and sneezing. Hooray. He didn't have to go to school, and when I asked Miles if he wanted to go he surprisingly said no. So we had a home day.

We went to the Market, and only lost Miles once. He says that I ran off while he was walking. I guess it would seem that way from his perspective. They have been so good to stay right with me up till now, and luckily it was only 30 seconds or so before I found him. Still, a good lesson to keep me on guard.

Kale in Brasil is much bigger and flatter than in America, I haven't been able to find it since we came because was looking for the crinkly stuff I'm used to


I still love the market, the kale, the beautiful onions, the cheap tomatoes, plus all the fruit. This time I bought mandioca, cassava root. I really like it but I need to learn how to prepare it better. This time it was in a soup, and it turned out great, if I hadn't told Jamison what was in it he would have guessed a potato leak soup, with a different texture.

After the market we got our sand toys and soccer ball and went to our condo park. We had a wonderful time. Miles drew a picture of me in the sand. Felix had a great time playing soccer with me around all the playground equipment. Unfortunately when we packed up we missed the ball. When I went back with Oliver on our bikes it was gone. It is going to cost us a lot of money to replace that ball we got for $2 at Deseret Industries. Another lesson learned.

On the way home with just the twins, Miles was so cute and helpful. Felix and I were talking about how cars are faster than bikes and bikes faster than walking. Then Miles needed to prove that wrong and started running which was in fact faster than the bike. When Felix's legs got tired on the uphill, Miles kindly grabbed his handle bars and said, enthusiastically, "I will run for you!" That didn't last all the way, so Miles began pushing Felix up the hill. I was so impressed with Miles and his stamina. He was a thoughtful kid pushing his brother up a hill. We didn't make it the whole way, so I ended up carrying the bike and they ran. It was altogether enjoyable.




I am looking into just hiring a babysitter for a few hours a few days a week as a replacement for preschool. The boys aren't required to be in school and they will have it the rest of their lives once they begin. I want them to have more moments of freedom and fun while they can. (but they still have to learn Portuguese! )

No comments:

Post a Comment