Saturday, August 3, 2013

Departure Eve

I have never felt so calm before a trip or vacation or even an outing!

I don't really know what's different, but it is.

There is a lot that once was unknown that is now known. So anxiety is greatly reduced. We know that we did just fine last time so there is faith we will be fine again.

That must be it, Faith has replaced Fear! What a peaceful change that is.

We have had a lovely end to our home visit. There was a perfectly timed church picnic where we saw our amazing old friends (and met some new friends, there has been a lot of turnover in our world recently). We spent the afternoon swimming with Jamison's family. We had a cousin from my side (Hi, Jonah!) sleep over last night. This morning we played soccer in our back yard.

I am SURE going to miss our backyard. It isn't fancy but I love the shade and the grass and the freedom of letting the kids just run out and play!

Speaking of things I will miss. obviously family and friends! Also, my dryer. It is super old probably twenty years old, and is held shut by some hardware from Home Depot, but it gets the close SO dry and SO unwrinkled, it is like a dream!

I will miss driving around without the need for a GPS. I will miss being able to eavesdrop on people's conversations (in Brazil I would need them to slow down so I could understand). I will miss chatting with all the store clerks just because I can!

We will miss you all. Stay in touch. We feel lucky we have the opportunity of more time in Brazil. Who knows maybe I will be chatting with store clerks there by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment