Sunday, September 22, 2013

Chocolate and school plays

Oliver had a field trip to a chocolate factory. And he really didn't want to go. He gave every excuse he could think of. He didn't want to wear long pants and long sleeves as required. He didn't want to ride a bus. He didn't like chocolate. He didn't like factories. On and on and on. It even came down to this morning, the day of the trip. Finally we won with, "do you want to stay at school all day by yourself with a teacher, or do you want to go with your friends on a bus?" He went.

When I picked him up he couldn't stop talking about how amazing the chocolate factory was and how they gave them a big bag of chocolate at the end. The factory had machines, and conveyer belts and elevators and it was so cool. At the end the kids started trading chocolates, one friend wanted all the red ones. (coconut covered in chocolate, my favorite). Oliver actually saved all his chocolates to be nice and share with his family. Wow. That was so nice of him to think of us, so we all got to enjoy the chocolate factory.

And yesterday Grace had a music presentation and a play. I was so super proud of her. She played the piano in their class ensemble. She had to stand front and center. She didn't look nervous at all. And she played so well I couldn't hear a single mistake. And she really was the one that kept the whole group together ( recorders, drums, xylophones, etc.) she did amazing. And then right after they did a play. It was a Brothers Grimm tale, I think about a king and five brothers and some frogs. I really should have read the script before I saw it. My reading comprehension is so much better than my listening comprehension. Grace was one of the little frogs. And in the end she was chosen as the most beautiful thing in the world. It was so sweet and she did such a good job.

It is so great to see Grace progress and be so capable and confident.

So relaxed even her crossed leg.  Her hair was done by her teacher to look like some kind of frog, but now that i think of it, they don't have cute ears, just eyes that stick out from their heads.  oh well, she is cute anyway. 

PS (Again wrote this 4 days ago.  I am having a hard time writing lately since it doesn't seem like much more than one person is reading it, so I couldn't just sent out an email to you my one dear reader to keep you updated on the details of our lives.  Things have normaled out so it isn't so gripping of a tale.  I understand.  No hard feelings.   I might just keep posting for a sort of historical account like a journal for the family to have later.  But would we actually read it?  Is it worth it?  We will see. 

Oh we did have our first in house gecko sighting since we've moved back.  I am getting a lot more used to them and just had a stiffled scream instead of all out panic and fear. 

11 comments:

  1. I read all your posts and love them!! I should comment more so you know I'm reading. :) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys so much!!! Keep the post coming. I really like hearing what is going on and you life in Brasil. I am on level 6 in Portuguese and having trouble with all the prepositions and their meanings. I keep plugging along though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I read your posts. I send emails once in while thanking you, but probably not as often as I think I am. Keep them coming. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do read. I just forget to write. :) We still love you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your blog posts - don't stop posting, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like we all need to comment more :-) since we are all reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lê-los todos. Vou comentar mais. Mas não desista de nós. Eles são uma boa maneira de criar entradas de diário. Talvez eu devesse fazer o mesmo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading and looking ALWAYS makes the day at our house!

    ReplyDelete