We have had a lot of practices, every Tuesday night since we have been here, plus an extra Saturday night practice last night. There has been so much work going into this.
![]() |
| Miles practicing hard during a Saturday night practice. |
And this morning it all came together. It was so beautiful. These kids who were so wiggly and squirmy and not able to sit still and not bother the person next to you during practice sat so well today. They all stood at the right time to sing songs. They sang so powerfully. They spoke their parts slowly and clearly. It was awesome.
My kids did so good! Especially knowing it is Felix and Miles' first primary program. When Abby got up and did her sentence with such good pronunciation and ease they whole congregation sighed and smiled at the same time when she was done. And when she sat down the boy behind her gave her a double thumbs up! So nice!
When Oliver stood up you could hear the congregation quiet down even more to see what his Portuguese was like. They also seemed to all smile at the same time and turn to their neighbor to comment on how good he did.
Grace was so good she had several long speaking parts. Again they all quieted to listen. She did so good! She even had to gather sticks from the Sunbeams (3-4 year olds) and tie them (the sticks) together. That is a lot of attention from over a hundred people for a shy girl.
Now my little Sunbeams. They did so good sitting in little chairs through the whole meeting. They sat there since the beginning at 9 and were there for 75 minutes. Wow! When their part came up I couldn't see them since I was at the piano but I could sure hear Miles get in close to the microphone and belt out "TEMPLO!" That got quite a chuckle from the congregation. After three people tried to get Felix to do his part "Dizimo" he wouldn't budge from his chair. Grace walked over and got his stick for him. Congrats on the good sitting though Felix.
The last song was I am a Child of God. My kids stood up and sang one verse in English (something they would never due in Utah) then we had a verse in Spanish, then we had the whole congregation sing together the last verse. It was such a global, beautiful experience.
We did pictures of the whole primary outside after.
Then I drove super fast to another church building to help my friend who was also playing for her primary program and had a 3 year old little girl who doesn't like to go too many other people. And it is a tad difficult to watch a three year old and play 40 minutes of music. So Grace, Abby and I took some girl things and played with Lucy. Jamison joined us later with the boys since Oliver's best friend is Lucy's brother.
Then I drove back to the last five minutes of our church meetings to give some handouts for activities this week.
Then home, whew.


Whoopy for the Pexton's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
Wish I could have been there! Too bad we don't video tape church services. Maybe you could send me video of the kids saying their parts?
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there! Too bad we don't video tape church services. Maybe you could send me video of the kids saying their parts?
ReplyDelete