Sunday, November 3, 2013

The first Halloween this year

The first Halloween this year

We were invited to a Halloween party for some friends at their condo complex the Friday before Halloween.  It was the most stress free Halloween I can ever remember.  The kids got their costumes on.  Grace was a cowgirl, Oliver was a ninja power ranger (we only had the weapons and the hood for the ninja) Abby was a Japanese girl, Felix was a knight and Miles was Batman.  




Jamison was on his way home from working in Sao Paoulo for the day.  But the kids just got themselves ready.  I did the girls hair, helped a bit with the boys and we were on our way.  Jamison came home just in time. 

We had chili and breadsticks with our friends and then did trick or treating. 

It was epic.  



We walked for about two miles.  We got maybe four or five houses,  and the last thirty minutes was up a seriously steep hill.  And just to up the difficulty level I got all the accessories that were jettisoned like boots, swords, ninja weapons, candy bags, all in my purse.  Plus trying to balance a very drowsy Felix.  So carrying a five plus pound purse, and a forty plus pound child up a seriously incline for thirty minutes made me really glad I exercise.  It about killed me.  I can't believe Abby made it walking by herself,  she said she wanted to take a side street to find more houses with candy and I said I would buy her any amount of candy to just keep walking to our friends house.  

We survived.  We got some candy.  And we got a great workout. 

1 comment:

  1. I love all the costumes and the gaping-mouth entrance!

    ReplyDelete