Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Awesome Jamison

I like the weekends. 

I like when Jamison takes care of things on the weekends.

I like that Jamison spent hours patching and setting up and filling up our little pool for the kids Saturday.  

I like that we had a chance to just sit and talk for almost 20 minutes (only interrupted about 4 or 5 times, that is awesome for us).  

I like that we could talk about things like the redefinition of self when moving to a new country / doing a new job / making new friends /

I like that we made boats out of styrofoam plates and made them into boats to sail in our little pool 

I love that my husband knew I had a tough week of redefinition of self based on perceived failure and he made the most delicious barbecue on Sunday.  Pork loin with lime.  Grilled red peppers.  Coalho cheese.  Garlic Bread.  And the most delicious Brazilian limeade (with lime, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk).  Oh my! 

I feel pretty lucky to have him be such a great friend and husband and dad. 

When we were first dating I was fiercely independent.  He didn't think I needed him.  So when I got a flat tire at the church and I was in Sunday clothes, I called him, even though I could have done it myself, I didn't. 

It has been nice to share the load of life with him.

(amazing really, I couldn't do it without him, who else would stay home and give unwilling kids a bath, do the dishes, clean up the kitchen, while his wife runs out and plays soccer with the ever present risk of returning with some kind of injury that will take 2-3 days to recover.  i am lucky i have him in my life, and he is lucky i gave him a chance when i first met him even when he tucked in his t-shirts) 

2 comments:

  1. Jamison is one of the best. And yet, he's still lucky to have you! You're both amazing! Thank heavens for that flat tire. What would we do without you in the fam, Kris?!

    ReplyDelete