I hurt my back. It was self inflected exercise kind of hurt. It is probably a pulled muscle. But it changes a previously capable person to one who winces and grunts and can't breathe and gets tears in her eyes if she moves a certain way
The blessing of it all. I had two sweet little helpers to take care of me this morning when it was hard to move without pain. It was an eye opener that they are almost four and they can do a lot of things.
Miles ran and got his blanket to" cover me up and make me warm.". Then Felix saw my feet uncovered and ran for his blanket to make sure they were taken care of. Felix brought me a Gatorade squeeze bottle with milk in it. Then after a bit I said I needed to try to get up to get something to eat, the two of them raced down the hall and returned with a spoon ("with a handle!"-Miles) and a container of cottage cheese. That is what I eat for breakfast, those cute observant still-three year olds!
They were good helpers when it was time for them to get dressed. Then I made them some shurikans (because we watched Transformers) out of cardboard and rested in the hammock while they defeated the decepticons (the hammock really relieved the pain and the boys had a great time too)
When Grace got home she made tomato soup (from scratch) and Abby helped with cheese bread and we spent the rest of the evening practicing piano and vegging with some kind of electronic device.
Epilogue. I had a good nights sleep and feel a little better this morning, but now I have pink eye. Really. I still couldn't move fast enough to get Felix and Miles off to school this morning,

(Music) Thank Heavens for little Boy! (There was a movie where maurice chevelar sang a song about little girls, I just changed the words). Thank you Grace and Abby and I suppose Oliver too for taking such good care of your mother.
ReplyDelete