We had a great breakfast, cleaned up and packed up. Then went swimming. I stayed with the kids at the pool. Jamison enjoyed snorkeling in the ocean. Later Oliver joined him and was overjoyed to find a star fish, it had a one broken leg but he saved the other piece of it.
We enjoyed the pool especially when they turned on the water fall! Jamison came back from his swim and I took my turn out in the ocean. It was warmer than the pool in the first foot of two from the surface. Thanks Mr Sun.
We enjoyed snacks and drinks pool side and everything was just perfect. It was the Pexton's Perfect Piece of Paradise.
We drove down the coast this time to Paraty. The plan was to see the church in Paraty that was closed last time we were here (on election day). Then drive to a beautiful beach called Trinidade.
![]() | |
| I love how the road in Paraty just ends at the ocean. |
Well it turned out we stayed in Paraty the rest of the day. The church was closed, again. But there was a Latin Music festival which added such a great atmosphere to the city. Jamison wanted to take another boat ride but Grace and I didn't really want to. We wanted to take a horse and buggy ride and see the city. So we split up. I got Grace (easy peasy!) Jamison got the four other kids. That is an amazing Dad and husband. But Jamison got what he wanted and I almost got what I wanted.
When we went back to talk to Jamilson, the buggy driver, he was gone. So . . . .
We went shopping instead. We used the money we would have paid the driver Very Wisely with our purchases. And we had such a fun time together. It was great to walk around and chat and window shop and Really shop. We found hand made items from the indigenous Brazilians. We actually went into art galleries! (that isn't usually possible with our brood).
We waited a long time to meet up with Jamison.
Apparently he had a great time too. The boat driver let each of the kids take a turn at the helm driving the boat. Jamison didn't have any kids fall out of the boat, but two did attempt. They saw sea birds and beautiful boats and islands. They all had such a great time.
| Oliver please don't fall out. |
We stayed so late we decided to have dinner in Paraty. I used my trusty iPhone to find a restuarant and had full faith that we soon be dinning on Thai food! But after walking around for an hour we didn't find it and then we had lots of tired, hungry, worn out kids! So we ended up eating at a restaurant that we started walking from.
The food was fine. I could tell the kids were tired of eating french fries for the third night in a row. Miles was just tired and dropped a glass full of grape juice on the floor with a terrific crash! "I couldn't hold it." The poor sad boy said. I think we are pretty lucky I think it is the first glass that we have ever broken at a restaurant. Pretty impressive.
It was late and we had a long drive back about 3 1/2 hours. So another movie for the kids. Then home.
We made it safe and sound and I am always grateful for that. I am also grateful for the chance to have all these experiences together as a family. Life is good.


Wonderful descriptions and photos. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe kids wanted to go for a boat ride as well, it wasn't just for me. But it was on my to do list.
ReplyDelete