Sorry cant figure out posting pictures at this time.
An hour and twenty minutes left to SLC! I don't think we are going to make it.
The flight from Brazil was fine. I got some sleep. Jamison didn't get much. Grace and Oliver were seat buddies and did well. I was with Abby and had a lovely time. Jamison was between Felix and Miles.
We were so excited to be in Detroit. When they announced the pre-landing weather it was -13 Celsius. 7 Farenheit. Woah.
We could see our breathe on the jet way. Miles was so excited to feel cold. He was running and skipping and giggling. Then stopped moving for a minute so I could get his sweatshirt on.
We had enough time to get through customs, get some pancakes at McDonalds (since my kids never eat the airplane food and they were hungry), and ride the train to our next gate. Jamison and I were so tired. The kids were so fascinated by the snow and then their comic books.
So we did well, until we realized we had 90 minutes left in the flight and the kids were not content when they had to share their electronic devices. Abby finally shared, YAY! And she and I drew puppets for a future puppet show of the Prince, Princess, Snowman and the Snowwoman. Abby has been a amazing helper the last coupled days. She kept asking, "What can I do to help?". While we were packing. And she was very reasonable when we asked her to make accommodations for others. It was such a blessing to us all!
So now we are home. And we are so excited for the snow. Abby grabbed it with her bare hands! They were thrilled to make tracks in the snow. And even though I had altitude induced dizziness, we took the kids to go sledding! We realize it is a lot more clothes to find (snow pants, winter coat, boots, mittens x 5) but it is a lot less driving than the beach.
Miles woke up this morning and ran to the window. "Is the snow still there?!?".
Last night we were all asleep by 7pm, midnight Brazil time. And this morning we were all up by 5:30, which is 10:30 our time and that is really sleeping in for us. The kids of course checked outside for snow, then played really well together in the morning.
Yay!!! See you next week!
ReplyDelete