Saturday, December 21, 2013

Giddy and Grateful



Me and an American grocery store are a dangerous combination.  

Earlier this week I was positively giddy with my shopping options.  

I should have started with two carts.  

I nearly cried in the cereal aisle.  There were so many amazing options! And they don't cost $8 a box!  And I could by a different kind for each member of the family (and I had forgotten about my love for Kashi cereal!  But never fear, we have Reunited!)

The checkout people (cashiers, that's what you call them, right?). We're so amazingly fast and efficient.  Even with my towering cart I was done in five minutes.  

And it all totaled to less than I expected.  Wow!  

And this morning I had the great opportunity to go to the temple.  It has been a long time, since the last time I was home.  I was lucky that Felix came in early at six, to our bed, so I was up early enough to go before it was too busy.  

I was worried that the roads would be icy.  The Bountiful Temple is up at the top of a couple of steep roads.  It was slushy at parts and snowing lightly but the roads were safe.  I thought I missed the start of the session, but I had twenty minutes.  I felt so lucky. 

The temple is such a peaceful beautiful place I was just overcome with gratitude.  It gave me a much needed chance to renew and recommit.  I felt buoyed up instead of weighted down.  It is truly a place a peace and light and I felt so much lighter when I left.  

I know it can be a stressful time of year, but my wish for you this Christmas is a wish of Peace on Earth and Peace for You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment