1/18/14 The Beginning of our Epic Journey to Iguacu Falls
Of course we left later than we wanted, don't I always say that. Jamison was worried about getting through Sao Paulo traffic. I was worried about having all the things we needed in the car.
Of course we left later than we wanted, don't I always say that. Jamison was worried about getting through Sao Paulo traffic. I was worried about having all the things we needed in the car.
10:30 leave listening to Frozen soundtrack
Felix just finished a cup if juice.
We will probably have to stop in 30 minutes.
10:56 "I need to go potty!"
You know what's good about São Paulo traffic?
Besides, "Nothing!"
It makes you grateful you don't live here.
We took a wrong turn and it cost us 40 minutes of trying to get back on the right road.
It makes you grateful you don't live here.
We took a wrong turn and it cost us 40 minutes of trying to get back on the right road.
Sao Paulo Temple!
I don't think I would have ever had a chance to see this temple. I hate Sao Paulo traffic and I would never have gone there when I can drive two hours to Campinas over lovely green hills and lakes. I was so excited and grateful to see this temple.
12:45 on the road again.
| So excited to just happen past the Sao Paulo Temple. Best "taking a wrong turn and getting lost" ever |
12:45 on the road again.
1:18 first video. Barbie and the Diamond Castle (we are going alphabetically to avoid all the squabbling)
1:40 traffic
2;26 at least 30 kph = 18 mph
2:58 end of construction
Watching Bolt, after yet another potty break for Felix
6:21 viewpoint. 30 minutes left
| Via Graciosa - such a beautiful drive past Hydrangeas and Flowering Trees |
![]() |
| Just gorgeous! |
Swimming.
Perfect dinner at Le Bistro (filet mignon (sans bacon), rice, french fries, salad, fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh squeezed lime-ade, and fish (Kris only)) .
Lovely nighttime stroll.
Then girls room and boy room (the place we are staying is a converted house, so there are no rooms big enough for all of us). Us girls watched Studio C on my phone before bed.
Perfect dinner at Le Bistro (filet mignon (sans bacon), rice, french fries, salad, fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh squeezed lime-ade, and fish (Kris only)) .
| Church from the 1700's |
| Funny picture of our walk after dinner. Yes, we bring our own ketchup to dinner. And yes, we do catch a romantic embrace amidst the constant motion of the kids. |
Then girls room and boy room (the place we are staying is a converted house, so there are no rooms big enough for all of us). Us girls watched Studio C on my phone before bed.
Really nice room. No geckos or cockroaches. Even Grace likes it! And they have AC.
Quote of the day Abby, after driving by favelas. "I want to live in one of the poor houses but still have the same amount of money. Because they are cool."





No comments:
Post a Comment