Today was much better. I kept 4 of the 5 kids home from school. I was a little tired of running back and forth yesterday. So we just had a home day (except poor Oliver who was too healthy to stay home).
I had my Portuguese lessons. We went to the street market for produce (I am starting a diet so I can lose some pounds before I gain some I'm-so-Happy-for-American-Food pounds in July) (the food here is good, but still you miss things, like Miracle Whip!)
Yesterday we had a sweet little moment. We usually listen to four Pete the Cat stories on the iPod in the car. Miles has grown weary of the repetition. So I told them the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Felix and Miles were enthralled and entranced and wanted to hear it again and again. I was so surprised. After the third telling Felix says, "Mom I love that story, can we add to our Favorites!"*
* "Favorites" is our playlist name on the iPod for the songs the family likes the most. I felt quite honored that they wanted Me added to their favorites.
Sometimes I worry that them missing out on opportunities to sing Old McDonald and hear Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Everybody knows that story, but they didn't. I don't seem to fit in my American Preschool Curriculum during their time with me (I know, what a Bad Mom.) But then Abby played with me some really cute hand games she has learned at school. I will have to video them someday. One involves a clapping game (like Down By the Banks of the Hanky Panky) then you grab the other persons cheek, then you do rock paper scissor, then you get to bonk the other person on the head! I know, I know you can't wait to play it. I will put it on my list.
We are off for a 4 day weekend. The weather is a bit chilly and rainy but I am sure you will still find us on the beach. Happy Summer to you all, and Happy Fall to us.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWe are so glad everyone is feeling better! When you video Abby's hand games, would you please do Down by the Banks too? Thanks! (In your spare time, of course.) We love you!
ReplyDelete