Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Report

It has been a great Mother's Day.  Like the other holidays for us in Brazil it has been very low key.  I got cards for everyone, and a bracelet from Jamison.  But I really felt like it was a day to feel blessed and help others. 

I really feel lucky as they handed me 5 of the same gift from church.  "Wow.  That is a lot."  Wow I have a lot of kids. 


The kids cards were really cute and special.  Here are some excerpts I'm pretty sure you can guess who they were written by.

" Do you remember when we played soccer?"

"I love you Mom, you are so Pretty" (with lots of hearts)

"I like it when you let me borrow your clothes."

"Hi mom, you are really cool.  You are happy."

"I like it when we cook together."

"You stay beautiful when you use your white dress." 

"When I am at your side I like to hug you." 

"Mom, I love you because you cook food." 

I feel pretty blessed with all that.

We had the missionaries over from 5 to 8 pm.  There are 4 sisters and they had a chance to call / video chat with their families.  We had one on my cell phone.  One on our home phone.  One on the computer.  All at the same time.  Grace walked around handing out tissues to them.  Abby walked around handing out cups of water.  It was a special thing.  After the computer was free the last sister got to call home (the first three where from Brazil and the last was from the US so the time change was better to wait.)  It made me so happy to help these young women be so happy. 

My cell phone has had a host of problems and I was a little nervous letting the sister use it for something as important as calling her family.  I didn't want it to drop the call.  My phone usually works from about 3-5 minutes and then it quits.  Can you believe it worked for the whole time (60+ minutes) for this sister.  What a blessing!  A cellular miracle!

I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day! 

1 comment:

  1. I just loved seeing the photo of you surrounded by all your beautiful children! WOW! What a woman, Kris... mother to 5! Motherhood is such an amazing, difficult, transcendent experience. Your little ones are so blessed to be introduced to life by you, with all your talents, insights, smarts, heart & honesty. Love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete