I still can't get over the big birthdays here.
The Neighbors that don't hate us have a granddaughter named Laura (I know you all think her name is Low-rah, but it is really Loud-a). She is four years old and adores Grace and Abby. She comes to our neighbors house on Sundays and the kids go and play. And she had a birthday. And it turns out that Laura's mom is Grace's Portuguese teacher, too.
The party was at a Big play space. All kids had a great time. We did kinect, played video games, air hockey, dunk tank (into a ball pit), trampolines, bungee jumps, play store, dress ups, bumper cars, and huge playground with slides and ball pits. You probably got tired just reading all that. They even have employees whose job it is to play with the kids and they are really good and it so parents can just sit and eat (theoretically. We played with the kids for the most part.)
Food for everyone. Pizza, drinks, Cheese crepes (so good). At the end the LONG awaited (it was 10:15 pm and we came at 7), Cake. Plus jello and brigadeiros.
Then huge goodie bags with candy, plus a full sized personalized play ball, then a Minnie mouse frame with our picture that was taken when we arrived and printed during the party.
Abby's party is coming up and I am just afraid that everyone who comes will be very disappointed.
I will look into renting a clown. Ok, not really.
We don't have $1,500 to spend on a birthday party, so please if you have any ideas to entertain and thrill 20 kids for 2-3 hours please submit your ideas in comments.
Really.
Thanks.
Hmm...I let the kids decorate the cupcakes or cake. A baking party ia fun...they could make pizzas. My friend loves to have kids make those mexican flowers out of tissue paper and let them use those to decorate the party. Basically let the kids do all the setup. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious. I would LOVE to send my kids to Trafalga if the employees played with them.
ReplyDeleteI had a coworker named Leuri. She was from Brazil. It was pronounced Loodie, but I gather it was prettier when said correctly. Sometimes people called her LoooDEEE. Disgraceful. JK