Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's Been A While

It's been a while since the last post. 

We are still doing well, no worries.

I'm not sure why I haven't posted recently,  nothing exciting, or too exciting not enough time or energy to post. 

This week is looking busy.  We saw Iron Man 3 (it shows about a week earlier in Brazil than US) on Monday.  Tuesday I taught my first English class at the church.  Tonight we have a big birthday party with some good friends from the US.  Thursday Jamison goes to a football (soccer) match in Sao Paulo with some coworkers.  The game doesn't even start until 10 pm, so people usually take the next day off of work.  Friday we have another meeting with the police station to register again and then 4 missionaries over for lunch (since lunch is the main meal in Brazil we have them over for lunch instead of dinner.  The plan is for Mexican food, Cafe Rio style or as close as we can manage.) 

Today is Labor Day so everybody is home.  I've started with a cold and since staying up late for the movie Monday and waking up at 5 am the next morning to take the missionaries to a church caravan for a temple trip I have been a little tired.)  This morning my early risers (the boys) were just too loud and active too early, so after reminding them 3 different times I gave up on sleep and took them to the park so they wouldn't bother the neighbors. 

Of course they wanted to play in the skate park,  and of course we ended up with a few injuries as they were practicing their Parkour.  (which is jumping around like a monkey at a park). Oliver really hit his face hard on an edge and chipped his front tooth.  It is still bleeding and we are trying to find a place to take him.  I hope it doesn't die.  We've never had a chipped tooth before.  Felix also had a great time which of course meant he banged his cheek and his nose on separate incidents.  Yes we did go and play on the grass after all of that.  Maybe a hockey mask the next time we go? 

1 comment: