Monday, November 26, 2012

A mommy vacation and mini vacation

Grocery shopping by myself is truly a vacation.

I can shop clear headed and get everything on my list.

I went with my friend earlier this week, and I could not believe the speed she shopped. Doesn't she realize it is like shopping with a time bomb. The twins could explode any minute! But she had a calming influence on Miles and we did fine.



The lines take so long. The bad thing is people wait awhile, but the good thing is they don't get irate when the roller skating price checker takes 10 minutes to get a price on the very perfect tart pan for Grace's cherry birthday pie. Because they are used to it taking a LONG time anyway.

Besides I had my iPad and could play Where's Perry. Total Vacation, and we haven't even left for the beach yet!

So when we did leave for the beach we had grand plans. Old colonial towns, a small manageable hike to a waterfall, and of course a beach! Well our allotted time called for a change of plans. We still got our town and the beach though.

Which is lucky because our GPS decided to completely quit working on this trip. Great. There goes our fearless exploring! We eventually found what we were looking for. Sao Sebastiao. The perfect size for our family to walk around. A great ice cream place we ate at so we could use the bathroom. An awesome t-shirt that was just too perfect for Oliver to pass up. And oil tankers! I know, awesome, right?






Then we decided to take a short trip to the waterfall beach. But we some the LDS missionaries on the road and had to stop and chat. It turned out they were both American, which is rare here. So we gave them the last of our goldfish crackers and peanut butter. They were so excited! "It's even creamy!"

About 15 minutes down the road we realized thtat the waterfall beach will be too far, so we turn around. Yep, we just gave up. Because around this area there are 36 beaches. So we found one. It was great.

At first I was a grumpy Gus. It was windy and cloudy and bah! And then I tested the water. SO COLD! Forget it. I am going to wrap up in a blanket with Miles on the beach. But then I tried a second time and had just as much fun as Oliver and Grace, jumping over waves or letting them crash into us.






So let it be a lesson to us all, we can have a great time if we just give things a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment