So humbled by this whole experience.
Matthew 25:35 "For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in."
I was truly a stranger, and the people of church and other expat friends really took me in. They found me stores to buy clothes for my kids. They went grocery shopping so I could find food for my family. They call and check in on me and my sick kids.
I am so grateful for all the help I have been given.
Yesterday we had a lovely day. We had a BBQ with the other expats. Jamison and I had people to chat with and the kids had lots of kids to play with. It was perfect. (and it ended with cheesecake factory cheesecake, unbelievably good!)
We found a store that was amazing, it was like REI! But right now I can't imagine camping with all the bugs! We found Dance shoes for Grace (her birthday is next week!). Oliver had a long time playing at a friends house. My friend made amazing peanut butter cookies that were just like Mrs. Field's! And I had Jamison with me all day. (except for the hour he took the kids to the park in the morning. He asked if I had fun while he was gone. I said, "No. It was better than fun, it was quiet and peaceful.")
No comments:
Post a Comment