We are finally getting to the end of all th fevers and pink eye. It has been a very long week and a half. Grace is still fevering, but she is resting well. Felix is the only one who hasn't been sick, so I'm pretty sure that when everyone is well he will get sick.
Miles screams every time we give him drops for his eyes, but we have got to get through this. His eyes are finally clearing up since we switched eye drops! It is such a relief. He may be loud and rambunctious but I am so grateful he has his energy back and no fever!
The weather has been so weird. It was incredibly hot and humid Halloween. Now it is actually chilly. I put jackets on the kids. Many Brazilian friends say that is why people are sick, the changes in the weather. But I am grateful that it is cooler since I can't imagine fevering kids with 90 degree days plus humidity.
This morning it was so chilly I had to make hot chocolate for the kids. Now this takes much longer here because we didn't bring a mix. Luckily we did bring Hershey's cocoa. But it took too long before Miles was on the floor crying because he wanted hot chocolate. It turned out OK. It was more chocolatey than sweet.
Epilogue: Grace now has pink eye, and Felix has the fever. Would it be better to comfort 5 sick kids, or is it better to drag it out for 2 weeks of sick kids?
No comments:
Post a Comment