Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Market

So on Fridays they shut down three streets and set up a market.  I went a month ago, and I have wanted to go ever since.  But the kids were sick, or I didn't have a market cart or something else came up. 

But not today! 

I got my friend Jan and my 4 kids (3 of whom were sick, pink eye and recovering strep throat) and went to the market.  It is really worth taking tired kids, and trying to parallel park for the market.


Here is a picture or our successful trip.  I was so grateful for that shopping cart.  We really got a lot of great produce.  I wish I also had broccoli, and asparagus.  But I will try again next Friday with just two kids to keep track of.  Jan and I did the fruit side together, then she went to the vegetable side, since my kids were too tired.  We sat at a little make-shift cafe and had Laranja/Acerola juice.  It was great.


And here is a picture of home and all my glorious loot.  All looks pretty familiar doesn't it.  The box is of peaches.  They are delicious even if they look a little green.  We had the potatoes and leeks in the soup tonight.  3 out of 5 kids liked it (it's not a home run, but having the bases loaded is good enough for me.)  PS.  I have to put the soup in the blender so no one can tell what is in it. 

So next week maybe I can branch out into the unknown.  Jan bought tapioca flour to make Brazilian cheese bread.  She is brave through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment