My thoughts,
This morning I read,
"Isn’t it true that we often get so busy? And, sad to say, we even wear our busyness as a badge of honor, as though being busy, by itself, was an accomplishment or sign of a superior life." (Of Regrets and Resolutions, By Dieter F. Uchtdorf)
That rang so true to me. Do you ever read something that changes your way of looking at life.? I really thought being busy and accomplishing more things is what made me important. That if we weren't busy we were missing out on an opportunity. It is something I need to think more about.
Our doings,
We survived a 30 minute session of banchee-like screaming over a pair of shorts. Miles wanted the green shorts that Felix was wearing. (Miles just couldn't understand why felix was wearing green when felix likes red and Miles likes green!) Often Felix will just share, but today he didn't, and that is fine, Miles needed to learn an important lesson today. "When things are busy we have to wait." Today the shorts were busy. it took a lot of patience (since we needed to be dressed to leave for the store), but it all worked out in the end, and hopefully Miles will remember this lesson for the next time.
One of my fears came true today.
I was finished shopping at Wal Mart. I was exiting when the gate that usually automatically goes up, did not go up. I had two security guys trying to talk to me. And for the first time in our time here people were not patient with me, the cars behind started honking.
Luckily it only took a the few minutes and a few words I know in Portuguese for them to understand and I could take the emergency exit and get out of everyone's way. I tried another exit and it worked great. But it was a little tense for a while there.
No comments:
Post a Comment