Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Brigadeiro!

We had a momentous occasion. Well, a momentous dessert really. Our first home made Brigadeiro. They didn't look perfect at first but they tasted great!



If you want to join the fun here are two recipes you could try.

http://www.maria-brazil.org/brigadeiros.htm

http://www.sonia-portuguese.com/recipes/brigad.htm

They are so simple (sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, and butter, plus sprinkles of course!) but one of my favorite things in Brazil.

We have been trying to host a barbecue for the church for a month or so. It has been difficult with trying to align schedules. I really wanted to help out since the church has done so much for us here. We finally got a date set for this coming Saturday. Jamison and I were chatting when I asked what time it was going to be. "10-4," he says. "10 to 4!" I repeat loudly. "We are hosting a 6 hour barbecue!?!?"

Yes, yes we are. We will definitely let you know how it goes.

Best moment today: finally going on a run (after 3 weeks of not running) and playing with the boys at the park.

Worst moment of the day: unable to find my security pass so I was stuck inside my neighborhood and had to call a busy friend to pick up Grace from dance. I felt trapped both by the gate and the language that I couldn't explain to the security folks my trouble. Luckily we found the pass later and all the children know NOT to ever touch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment