So lets catch up for the last few days.
I have really enjoyed having some quality time (one on two) with Felix and Miles. We like to play in sand and water, swing, go on walks, and play with play dough. Simple and lovely. We even picked more acerola from our neighborhood park.
I soak it in because soon I will have five hot, cranky, bored, constantly asking for snacks,fighting kids home all day. Can you tell I am dreading it? I do look forward to having more time with the kids to help with the adjustment, but it will take an incredible amount of work to keep them all happy.
But really what are we here on earth to do? Lounge about? I don't think so.
The weather lately has been hot, in the nineties. And it is only a few degrees cooler inside. But a church friend today said just wait until January and February. You feel like you are constantly melting. Oh goodie. I think I just need to get brave and go to the beach three times a week, just me and the kids.
We hosted a 6 hour BBQ today. I really was expecting half of the ward with families coming. But it was truly an Elders Quorum activity, with only the guys. They came, they grilled, they talked. It is always good to have a Brazilian BBQ. We had great beef and linguisa ( a ham tasting sausage), and the grilled cheese sticks. What surprised Jamison and I were that there are no side dishes. There is meat, some cheese, some bread, forofa to dip your meat in (like a savory breading) and drinks. No salads, no veggies, no dessert. We did do the American Brazilian grilled pineapple. But it was looked at pretty suspiciously, like "Why do we need that? We have our meat.". (in nicest way). The pineapple was fabulous.
| They cover their meat in Rock Salt before grilling. That is it. The cheese is on the sticks. It is amazing! And the Linguisa is in the back. Who needs veggies, right? |
I love how Grace LOVES a BBQ. She is such a carnivore. Normally Grace is pretty shy and will just hang back and watch, but here she was standing next to David watching him grill, and hanging out with 6 Brazilian men waiting for her meat. She was the only kid out there. Nothing like the love of food to get you past your social fears.
Gotta run, I've got a summer to plan!
No comments:
Post a Comment