This is carnaval weekend. Saturday to Wednesday. The kids got to do their carnaval parties at school today (Friday). Luckily Jamison called me in a timely manner this morning to remind me the kids could dress up for today. We were all ready for school in their uniforms when Abby and Grace changed into Merida (from Brave) and Cleopatra.
When I picked them up they said they liked it. Apparently there is a lot of confetti and streamers involved. They said the gym floor was just absolutely covered in it all. Oliver had a great time shooting streamers at a friend ("I had about twenty at once!") Abby was so sweet and brought home a little plastic bag of the confetti, but with only pink and purple streamers. She wanted to use the confetti in our house for our own carnaval. So thoughtful.
So the Kids have festas they can go to in costume at different clubs around town. I think it is l Iike a dance with a disco ball and confetti where they can wear masks and costumes. The big parades they have in Sao Paulo and Rio don't even start until midnight and go until 6 am.
I would love to get a better taste of it, but it probably more realistic to just celebrate in our own way with our little ones. I guess I should at least learn how to samba! Do they have an app for that?
No comments:
Post a Comment