So I have two little ninjas at the moment. Or are they "just friends?" They keep switching. It is hard to keep up. So here is a little blog post.
I had another blog post but it is on the iPad and somehow we lost a very important thing (the iPad) in a small house. I don't understand it, but I will keep looking.
In the meantime . . . .
an update.
The first two weeks of school have had their ups and downs. The first few days were pretty rough. But then we started homework club again and now the kids come home happy as can be. We are easing into some activities now. Oliver is doing Table Tennis ("MOM! It's called Ping Pong!") Grace is trying out cooking ("Mom I need to take your apron to school." Me, "No." Her, "But you don't even USE it!") And Abby wants to do swimming, who wouldn't. But swimming means I need to take her to the swimming pool for a skills test. And to do the skills test she needs a sports swimsuit, (no bikinis, not like we would anyway.), a swim cap and goggles. Just for the test. I hope there is room in a class after I just spent $7 on a swim cap. (I know,I know, big money)
I gotta go, I have been requested to join the friendly ninjas to be the monster, I am supposed to roar.
Rawr.
I'm back. Today we tried a new market. I tried to make in managable for the boys and said we are just buying strawberries and grapes. I still had to coax Felix out of the car, he wanted to go to our friend Jan's house. But after 3 minutes of negotiations we made it out of the car. Then I still had to carrying him a block and a half before he relaxed enough to walk next to me. Poor anxious kid. We got strawberries and grapes and then I had to buy a pineapple for our friend Jan. (She has waited 5 months for her furniture and household goods to be shipped from Detroit to Brazil. And it finally arrived today!)
Funny enough, when we got to Jan's house, Felix immediately wanted to go home and started crying/whining to go. I just can't win.
And for the record, I DO use my apron. It just isn't when Grace is around to see it (I do dishes when she is in bed, and she is usually playing Barbies with Abby or practicing the piano when I cook dinner.)
And a certain 10 year old who will remain nameless, had the iPad their pillow. I hope she had sweet dreams.
ReplyDelete