Monday, May 5, 2014
Thursday in Trindade
This is a perfect way to start the day. Or continue the day. Or end the day. I actually got to read a book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, about Partners in Health and their amazing work among the poor in healthcare. Not a light summer read, but really amazing. I would encourage anyone to learn more about them and help them in their cause.
It took awhile to get going and really decide what we were going to do. We even went to the beach and still discussing plans, which had to be changed since the boats weren't going out because of high waves.
So Oliver and I went on a hike through the rain forest. It was as awesome as it sounds.
We made it to a natural swimming pool in the ocean that is protected all around by rocks so there are no waves. It was cool. Literally, so neither of us decided to actually swim in the natural swimming pool.
On the hike back I was a little disappointed that I didn't see any wildlife. Not even a bird. Oliver was grateful.
This place was truly a paradise. It was so great to spend the day at the beach. The waves were just amazing. Plus lots of fun places to explore. I took a group back early to the hotel and Jamison and Oliver stayed to do some body boarding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Wow! That looks heavenly!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos.
ReplyDelete