I am always amazed by Jamison's packing ability. On day when we buy a mini van and packing is just stacking some bags in the spacious back of the car, I wonder if packing will have the same "thrill." The ultimate puzzle challenge. Trying to get a lot of irregular shaped items in even more irregular spaces. Jamison said when it is no longer such a challenge he will have to start timing himself, working to a personal records!
We drove for about 4 1/2 hours. It seemed to go by pretty fast. So fast that we didn't even get out a movie for the kids! We had about an hour stop for lunch. I seemed to wait that long for a slice of pizza. I chose that over McDonalds. Thinking it would be a bit healthier (mozz, arugula, sun dried tomatoes, with olive oil) and cheaper. But I had to wait about 25 minutes for one slice of pizza. I just couldn't believe it. It was at a mall-like eatery. You would think through-put would be important to them. Then I had to pay extra for an container to get it to go. Then when I sat down with the family at McDonalds, I learned they gave me spoons to eat it with. Argh. It is a good thing it tasted good.
The drive down the coast through parts of the Mata Atlantica (Atlantic rainforest) gave us a chance to reflect on our adventures in Brazil. We have had a lot of fun with this Fiat Doblo. Can you believe we drove to Argentina?! Jamison is sure going to be bored when he has an automatic with cruise control and long strait roads in America. Here we have grown accustomed to curvy roads, with lots of big truck traffic.
Our pousada is very nice. We needed two rooms for our family, so we have boys and girls again. They have a nice family room with couches and a tv. We are about a ten minute walk to the beach. And this must be the tie-dye capital of Brazil. My friend said there was a lot of, "Paz e Amor" here. (Peace and Love). And there are a lot of hippies here.
We had dinner on the beach at the only place open. We had our normal food. The folks there were nice enough to bring out this coke can candle when they saw Jamison using his flashlight to illuminate our table (Jamison was attempting to enjoy some of my salad, but not the parts that were touching the fish! He needed light for a proper inspection). We loved our coke can candle, they made it for especially for us. You could still see droplets of coke still on the inside.
But even better than the coke can candle, was the Amazing Stars, I have never seen such stars in all my life. This is a small town so there are not many lights and the stars were just astounding! Far more than I have ever seen, even camping. The Milky Way was so clearly visible, and the amount of stars were just nearly unbelievable. We told the kids that they may never see so many stars in all their life, and they didn't seem to care much. Oh, well, it was pretty special to Jamison and I.
Back at the pousada, we have to place to ourselves. So we enjoyed an all English cinema, Avatar (the series) and Toy Story 3. Boa noite!



No comments:
Post a Comment