Monday, April 28, 2014

A trip to the clinic

Yes I really did time each time someone came out of the doctor's office.  It gave me something to do during the 1:19 wait. 

I took three sick kids to the doctor today.  Grace and Miles for the fever and sore throat.  And Felix for a red eye (I really thought that he was hit by a nerf bullet near his eye, but he said he got kicked in the eye.  It must have been during a wrestling match.  It really is all fun and games until . . . . )

I know many people think kids and iPads are evil.  But it really came in handy to give an iPad to Felix and Miles to play with for the 1 hour and 19 minute wait to see the doctor.  Grace did great with absolutely nothing to do for 30 minutes.  And then she couldn't take it anymore and I handed her my phone so she could play with it (and keep timing!)  (and to be a good mom I did tell them they used up all their electronics time at the doctors office and to not ask for anymore today, and i did play card games and go on bike rides with them later because they knew they shouldn't ask.) 

After we were finally out of the clinic, we drove to the pharmacy for medicine.  And for the latest report on the medicine by our foreign correspondent, Miles Pexton, click here.  It is super short and worth the extra finger click.  

 Abby has had a similar reaction and it has been really "fun" trying to get them to take their medicine 3 times a day.  But it is also good for them to know not everything tastes like candy! 

Also we are super proud of Grace that she can swallow a pill!  So we can give her the tylenol in the pillform and save our precious grape-flavored acetaminophen for Miles.  (OK, some medicine does taste like candy.) 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the illnesses. Is Felix doing OK?. I've only had to wait on a doctor for over an hour twice, once because the doctor had an emergency heart procedure and the other was in England under socialized medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video WAS worth the finger click. He is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete