Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy birthday to me

Despite a few setbacks (like getting a year older.  You know it isn't fun anymore!) it has been a good day.

Felix and Miles made a party for me, complete with balloons. (Well, only balloons, but they were SO excited to do it)

My friend Angela came over for our Portuguese/English class with a little present that I love. A parrot key holder.  It is on the wall now, and I look forward to hanging it in our Utah house when we get back.   Later in the afternoon a couple friends came by with some lotion and makeup that I needed (it is nice that my friend is also an Avon lady.)  It was great to have the visitors. 

I made a coconut cake (usually my cake of choice is Carrot, but I am the only one who eats it and I certainly do not need to eat a whole cake with my advanced age and decreased metabolism). Jamison was sure to go buy a chocolate cake covered in M&Ms surrounded by kit kats.  Guess who doesn't like coconut?  He says it was for the kids.  But in the end the kids just picked off the M&Ms and kit kats and left the cake.  It would have been a whole lot cheaper to just buy some candy. 

Jamison and I had a great dinner at Vila Velha the oldest restaurant in Sao Jose dos Campos, courtesy of Grace babysitting.   The food was so good!  I had fish from the amazon, called pintado.  Jamison had chicken with couscous (like I have never seen before.)
 
So excited for my new shoes.  They are a lot more money than my normal flip flops so I have been waiting for them for probably 6 months or more.  They are awesome.  They are a flip flop with a shoe top, best of both worlds.  Super comfortable and I don't have to show my toes!

Although the slow march of time doesn't make me so excited about my birthday, I have a lot to be grateful for in this last year of life.  I am glad I had the chance to live it.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to one of my favorite adventurers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you all note that I ate the cake too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you explained the shoes like that, I think it must needs be on my feet as well. Happy bday sister!

    ReplyDelete