Nothing earth shattering today. Which is nice.
Abby was being a nice teacher to her younger brother, "IT's Faith, trust and security and love!" we had watched Tinkerbell the other day which says Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust. And The other night we were trying to help the kids with a scripture that says "Faith, hope, charity and love." It's funny how she combined the two. Sometimes I wonder what is going on in her head.
Well we did some marathon shopping trips to try to get things more organized around here. We stopped at a sports store to me a bike. It is the only time in my life I was riding a bike around the inside of the store. Felix totally surprised me by hopping on a two wheeler (with training wheels) and doing great. My baby is growing up! Also it is the first time in my life I have ever hugged a sales person. She was so nice and doing the best she could with the English she knew was such a blessing to me. I usually try to avoid sales people at home, here I embrace them!
Also the schools here have The Best Invention Ever!
Homework Club.
The kids stay for 45 minutes after school and get their homework done. It is close to a miracle for us. We usually spend 2 hours on homework. 1:30 of that is crying and whining and stalling on the part of the homeworkee. I love homework club! My daughter who has a math a phobia came home with a beautiful page full of numbers, and was proud to show me the math page. That hasn't happened in years! I LOVE homework club! We can come home and just relax and talk and connect. I love it.
Do you want to know the best part of three kids playing the recorders at the me time is?
When they stop. Oh, let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!
Also sorry for those who tried to call, the Internet is down, so the international phone line is down.
And does anyone remember the order to Eric Carle's Brown Bear. I got to brown bear, red bird, then I couldn't remember if is was green frog or yellow duck (we have wall stickers for the boys room and I want them in order!"
I just sent you a picture from the summary page of the book.
ReplyDeleteThe order is as follows:
Brown Bear
Red Bird
Yellow Duck
Blue Horse
Green Frog
Purple Cat
White Dog
Black Sheep
Goldfish
Teacher
Children