Thursday, September 20, 2012

Order and Progress!


Order and progress is written across the flag of Brazil. And it is shouted triumphantly by my husband Jamison, as we empty suitcases and organize closets.

That is how we have spent the morning. It feels good. And I feel so grateful for all those who gave a helping hand to get us packed!

We had a breakfast of eggs. Luckily we had 3 packets of ketchup from Burger King for the boys. And amazingly they didn't ask for more. Next on the list is to find some salt and pepper so the rest of us won't have such bland eggs. Luckily we had passion fruit juice to wash it down!

The night went well. The only mishap was Oliver falling off of his bunk bed and landing on Miles' bed in the middle of the night. Oliver got a scrape on his back, but is doing fine.

So all the kids are playing happily with legos, squinkies, and laptop computers that Oliver made out of card board and is selling out of his bedroom window. He complained this morning that he didn't have electronics all day yesterday. I guess my solution to wait wasn't good enough, he has started his own electronic fabrication.

As soon as we leave the "hotel" as Felix calls it, we will buy the Kid's school uniforms, visit the school, buy salt and pepper and other groceries.

Things are feeling very normal, until we try to talk to people. So far they are super nice, even the cashier who tried to give me a little lesson on how to say forty-eight.

2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING the computer. Complete with an apple! So cute and funny! I am so glad you have this blog! We are coming to visit you. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, now today I don't want to cry. I get to see more of what you're doing then I did here. ha. Love that laptop. That was really funny.
    Going up camping for the weekend with Karen, my Mom and Mary (and Tilda for a night) up in Springville. I think you're acing this Brazil thing. Hopefully I will be as fortunate.
    Tell those cute kids we are thinking of them and I'll call you next week.

    ReplyDelete