Sunday, September 30, 2012

Satisfyingly Full

Wow another full day.

Full in a good way, not my old way when there is way too much to do and too little time.

Saturday Morning Breakfast this morning was only delayed by not having the ingredients, not running out of propane for the stove. So Jamison ran to the store while the kids raided the pantry.

While he cooked, I literally scrubbed the floors. The good old fashioned way on my hands and knees. It didn't seem to make much difference on the wood floor. But my kind husband said he could see a difference ( I think he was just trying to encourage anything in the cleaning department.)

After breakfast I "mopped" the kitchen with a "wax on/wax off" approach. reminiscent of the Karate Kid. I was actually proud of that, until the kids walk in on it before it was dried. NOOOOOOOOOO!

We were grateful we had a nice clean house (with a few footprints across the kitchen) when our neighbor's stopped by with the cutest plates of mini brigadeiros. We invited them in to play and had a wonderful time chatting.

After lunch we decided to head for the beach again. It was a lovely sunny day here (so nice after 2 or 3 days of chilly cloudy weather) so we assumed it would be the same an hour and a half east of us. No. As soon as we got on the beach the sun went behind clouds. Of course it didn't stop our crazy family. Jamison said, "a bad day at the beach beats a good day at work." I am not sure he really means that, I really thinks he likes work. But t was a nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment