Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tomorrow's Lunch, Kissy of the Spoon

I have no idea what that is, but that is the google translation for "Beijinho de Colher"

Should be interesting.

Kids are still awesome.  Felix (who at home was the last child awake) has decided to wake up inhumanely early.  6 am here, 3 am MST.  It woke me up with a start, my watch said 7 am (panic, we are going to be late) our bedroom clock said, 6 am.  Then I had to find out which was right.  Felix of course woke up Miles and they started to play. 

At 6 am!

So it has been a long day.

We were only 3 minutes late to school. 

Then I drove with Jamison to his work to drop him off for the day (only one car.)  And I'm quite proud of the fact I drove home without getting lost.  I did get lost on the way to coffee club (yes, I'm still a good mormon, it's just the name of the club.)  It is the group of English speaking women that get together once a week.  It turns out that one lives on my street!  We couldn't stay long since it was at a "tea party" house with lots of breakable porcelain things around.  We dropped in to say hi, and hope the next one is a little more twin friendly.  

I went grocery shopping and succesfully got many things on my list and got out of the parking lot (they are all gated with security and I had no idea how to get out.)  I just needed to hold up my parking ticket to a scanner.  But I was a little nervous.  But I got out!  Hooray, and I picked up Abby on time! 

We came home and played.  (OK, the kids played, I was trying to iron all the slightly damp clothes so they would dry.  The washing machine company is sending someone to show me how it works on Friday.)  Fun, fun, fun!  There's nothing like ironing jeans! 

Jamison worked late (needed to wait for a ride home).  Oh, well, that is what he is here for.  We entertained ourselves by watching different versions of Call Me Maybe on you tube.  It started with Sesame Street, USA swim team, Star Wars, Harvard Baseball, and our cute neighbors on our home street.  Good times!  Happy Kids!

Can't wait to hear how Kissy of the Spoon is!

3 comments:

  1. That's going to be a pretty sweet lunch!

    Look what we found:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMZ1Ru6Jcbc&list=UUBuP6FLScLbgTEUWP0wmI3A&index=29&feature=plcp

    I think it means that it's Beijinhos that you eat with a spoon.

    I had a lot of fun watching the Tudo Gostoso YouTube channel. It showed the kids what a Brigadeiro is. I can't believe Miles ate that big spoonful! He is turning Brazilian with a rich sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me jealous with all the foods and experiences you describe. I told my husband yesterday I wish I could come visit and help you adjust to the brazilian life. I'll admit I had to laugh at your comment about ironing jeans.... you'll fit right in with everyone else. I never could figure out why they did that. Hmmmm. You may have just answered that for me! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I loved the cooking show. Now I just need it in English. Luckily the jeans haven't need so much ironing since I've been putting them on the line.

    ReplyDelete