Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sorry, out of order

Sorry, battery is about to die. Wifi at the mall is running out. This is the post about yesterday.

Wow.

We made it. Well at least to the Salt Lake airport.

I was hoping to post this before we got on the plane but we were a tad late boarding and I could tell Jamison was anxious. I bet you would be too if you missed the pre-boarding with 5 kids, 14 carry-ons, and one bike trailer/stroller you had to collapse. But we made it.

So it was a little hard following Jamison in the trailer to the airport. Why was I following him you ask? Because all our luggage did not fit in trailer. Really. So we had to fill the Subaru to absolute capacity to get to the airport.

We ended up checking 41 bags/boxes.

Yeah, let that soak in for a moment. We thought there was just 35, but by the time Sky cap was done loading them it was 41. they were filled with clothes, some toys, some kitchen items, just a little (or a lot) of everything.

I left Jamison in charge of logistics, and I was in charge of emotional support. The kids were amazing though. We had snacks. I entertained them with a 50 cent a magic jumping tube.

Security was a breeze. They were well prepared. I was the only one with a problem. I forgot the toothpaste in my toiletry bag, it counts as a liquid We had just enough time to grab some lunch, drop a large smoothie on the ground and get to the gate.

We had quite a lot of interesting looks as when made our way through the airport.

So far so good. 3 more hours to Atlanta. The kids are watching loony tunes, Felix fell right asleep which shocked me, Miles is snacking up a storm.

Finally Miles is asleep. It took 1:45 minutes. I am so glad he can rest, I was dreading him being super tired in the airport.

1 comment:

  1. You did it! this is so freakin' exciting! I want to unpack 41 bags in a foreign country! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete