Sunday, August 24, 2014

Forgetting and Remembering

From 11/10/13
I forgot about some really great things this week.  

After helping one of my new Detroit friends at the market, I went to my church friends house.  She is so nice.  She bought a pot of mums for Grace.  She made some dough for all the kids because she knows they love cinnamon rolls.  We had a lovely chat.  She is seventy years old and takes care of her dad her in Brazil, but the rest of her family is in America.  

By the time I picked up Felix and Miles from school the dough had risen and was ready to shape into cinnamon rolls.  Felix and Miles are becoming experts at cinnamon rolls.  They spread the butter and sugar and even help me roll it up.  We made a video a few months ago for their teachers at school to show them how to make them.

The whole family enjoyed the rolls.  I am so grateful for a thoughtful friend. 

I guess I have had a problem with gratitude lately and I realized tonight it was also tied to my blogging frequency.  I don't want to over burden anyone with over-blogging so I don't write as often.  But when I don't write as often I don't reflect on the important things of the day.  I don't appreciate the little happy things.  I don't sort out the tough things.  

So, dear readers, i.e. family and friends. I will be writing more often.  Because I know that those who want to read and have time to read, will.  And those who don't, wont and I won't feel bad about using up your free time.  Because if you dont have free time then you won't be reading until you do.  Right?  Ah, guilt absolved.

You know, you don't have to read it at all.  

But I need to write it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment