From 11/22/13, after Grandpa Bob passed away.
It was a long day yesterday. (especially at bed time when we were all tired)
We did our normal routine with schools. The kids all have to do a lot more to make up for Jamison being gone but they did pretty good this morning. We had a prayer in the car before we left for school thanking our Heavenly Father for a peaceful night and praying for our family at home.
I was OK emotionally and able to take care of the day to day. After the first shock and sadness you start to remember the good things, and the things that you are grateful for.
We took a walk out to our pond in the garden area after dinner. It was the perfect thing to do. I could sit on a bench and watch the kids running around and darting around all sorts of exotic plants. I thought of how that would have made Grandpa Bob smile. He was a great world traveler. He would want us to take advantage of this opportunity to live in a different country and experience this new culture. He said often this experience is great for the kids.
I would keep him in mind when I would post our pictures to Google+. He didn't use Facebook. I don't know if he could get the blog. But he loved the pictures and kept saying, "Keep them coming."
When we are feeling sunny again, I will.
Today I was behind a huge long truck loaded down with rebar. It was really slow and causing some traffic delays. And I was directly behind it. It gave me some time to think. Sometimes in life we have a heavy load. It is OK the slow down. Life will move around us. But sometimes we just need to not rush about.
To every thing there is a season - See Ecclesiastes 3 It is ok to weep and mourn, we need it. Our season of laughter will come.
Thank you for all of your support, and love and prayers. They are felt and needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment