Abby turned 7! Can you believe it! It just came on us so fast. And with Jamison gone for a week and us moving in two weeks, we really tried to keep to the goal of keeping it simple. I think we did alright. We reused the talent show curtain from last year. We had crafts in the suitcase from Jamison's trip to Utah. We had left over pipe cleaner crafts from the church activity.
Grace made some awesome beach cupcakes. We decorated them with some amazing candy (sour cherries and swedish fish, oh my!!!!!!)
Not all of Abby's friends were able to come, but she had some very special friends there. This was kind of our going away party for her.
It is so interesting to see the difference between how a 7 year old handles this and how a 9 year old handles this. Abby is all about the fun she has with friends. She seems to have friends where ever she goes. Oliver has really made some amazing connections and lifelong friends. And it is very difficult to leave them.
While Jamison was in Utah I read on Facebook about an earthquake in Centerville (where we live). It wasn't a big one, only 3.3. But it was a loud bang. I read that many people on our street thought that a car had hit their house. I believe the epicenter was 10 miles east of our house in the mountains. I was a bit concerned, but everyone was safe and sound. There was no shaking or swaying like the earthquakes we experienced in Japan. I had no idea the earthquake could make a loud crack like that. It does make me nervous for all of Utah.
The world cup has been great. I am going to add a few pounds, though. I never sit this much!
So far I have only missed one game. I don't watch all of all of them, but I do what I can. I do have people to say good bye to, an entire house to go through, things to sell and give away, on top of our "normal" life. Don't worry, we will make it!

No comments:
Post a Comment