Really Now, 6/22/14
We have had a long four-day weekend. It has been full of getting things ready for the move.
I have been feeling very anxious before this weekend, as this is our only chance to get things ready. But Jamison was amazing. We got the office all sorted and organized in a day. The next day was the hallway closets. We have the kids rooms with toys and clothes left to do, but the office and closets were my main worry.
Today I am an emotional yo-yo. We go to church and I feel like I will miss everyone so much. I don't know when I will ever see these dear people again, if ever? I come home and Jamison has suitcases out and packing up our closets.
I felt excited that we are packing the things we need for the US. This is starting to feel real!
Then I drive some of Oliver's friends from church home, and I feel sad that this is their last time playing. And I will miss my drive down Via Oueste (the west way) that I have driven countless times picking up church kids and taking them home. I remember how nervous I felt when I first drove down these streets and into these neighborhoods. I remember getting lost and not having the right addresses. And now I feel perfectly at home.
![]() |
| Houses painted for the World Cup, at least some Brazilians are excited! |
Jamison is a champ. He will fly home with us and be with us for a week, then fly back to Brazil to finalize the moving of things. This time we don't have to pack 43 boxes and suitcases on our own, we have the blessing of a moving company. That takes so much of the stress off of us. We still have to sort through everything but the company will pack and ship it by boat to us. (Hopefully it will take 2 months, but may be up to 6).
We finished the weekend with a spur of the moment (and Jamison wondering, what are you doing?!?!) American World Cup Party. The games are super fun with a room full of cheering people. So many hugs and high fives on the goals! The whole room erupting in cheers. It has been great sharing some last moments with our friends, who we have, of course, all invited to move to Utah.
![]() |
| Just a cool tree by the kids' school. Did you know it is winter right now? |


No comments:
Post a Comment