Sunday, June 22, 2014

Little things

 (Probably 5/5/14)

We are most likely moving home soon.  It is coming up fast.

Usually at moments like these I start getting anxious and start trying to get everything done at the same time.  

But I really want to do the most good and I am at a lost as to what that is.  

So I prayed about it.  

I didn't feel like I received "the answer" soon after I prayed

But today, a day later, I do.  

It was so nice to just get back to Felix and Miles and me today.  We got some things done around the house (like building castles). Then we got out to do some shopping.  Three stores.  We had a late start which is weird wince we usually get to stores by ten.  This time it was 11:30.  

But amazingly enough it was perfect timing.  Felix wanted to go to a second hand store, like Kid to Kid.  I didn't need to, but I figured they were good at getting the vegetables I needed, I should give them a turn.  And who should I meet, my friend with twins and an older son that is good friends with Felix.  She was looking for a safety rail for a bed.  And I had a safety rail for a bed that we weren't using that I could give to her.  It was perfect.  

She has a lot of difficulties and I was so happy I could help her out and save her some money too.  

I was praying that I could help someone, and this opportunity was so perfect it couldn't have been coincidence.

Oliver has now come down with the bug that is going around.  Poor kid, I thought he would have skipped it this time around.  But he started with the fever and the sore throat.

The nice thing was I got to be just with him on Tuesday - because Tuesday is a school day for Felix and Miles.  This particular school day Felix forgot what it is like to go to school and I had the absolute hardest time I have ever had trying to get a kid to do something they didn't want.  I tried my darnedest and I had to hand him to the teacher and go (poor Oliver was waiting in the car in his fevered state.)  I called later and they said Felix was just fine and was playing.  Oh Good.  I was quite worried about him.

Anyway, I feel bad that Oliver is sick, but it was very nice having a whole morning with him.  I had all the time in the world to just listen to him.  He described his latest Lego creation and I could listen to everything he wanted to say about it.  He could come with me in the kitchen and talk to me more.  Somehow we even talked about why some men are bald.  Something we never get the opportunity to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment