Monday, June 9, 2014

Non Stop Fridays


I am not sure anyone wants to read my to do list that has been done.  But I sure feel like all my day should account for something!

Friday morning:  Jamison is sick, so is Miles and Oliver.  All with sore throats.  Luckily Jamison is well enough to watch the kids so I can go to my conversation class.  I only have two left! 

10:00 Class. I knew answers!  I can actually remember something.  It is certainly far from perfect but it is progress!

12:00 2 hrs shopping for straw hats. Thankfully Abby went to her friend Vitoria's house right from school to play, so I could drive to the other side of town.  I drove without GPS (because it doesn't work in Jamison's car) and finally found the store but had to drive for about 20 minutes to find a place to park.  All of this to walk in and find they had a limited selection of hats (and only the kind Oliver didn't like.)  So off to another store down the road.  They had selection and I just grabbed one of every kind ($1 each).

Today was just a boy day at home because Grace went home from school with friends too.  Lucky girls.  Poor boys, sick at home.  We really put a lot of value on friend time now as we are down to how many days we have left.  Grace's friends are very mad at her for moving (and very sad too).  

I came home to a broken washing / drying machine.  That is not good news for a family of seven.  I had visions of laundry mountains piling up or taking it to the expensive laundromat (but they do iron for you!)  Luckily my neighbor (who is a 4 minute drive away) said I could use her machine.  So I loaded up the heavy wet clothes and went to her house.  Jamison took the boys to doctor but there were 30 people in line just to be checked in.  So he left.

Besides there was a friendly match (it doesn't count towards the world cup) between Brazil and Serbia and he was home in time to watch that.  I really like watching soccer with Jamison.  And I really like to watch soccer with Oliver, he is good at explaining things to me.  He gives me just enough information but it doesn't give too much.  I wonder what the little kids will do while we watch as many games as possible during the World Cup.  I better make a lot of play dough! 
We got Abby home at 6.  She is usually so exhausted from playing after school, but she has a wonderful time.

We probably had something for dinner, sloppy joes perhaps?  Then it was time for kids in bed when I got a message my laundry was done.  It was only the dry cycle and it was there 3 hours.  And still rather damp. Sigh. 

8:00 Pick up laundry, and have a nice chat with my good friend, Jan

8:30 Help my good friend walk her two dogs (The younger dog, Vander, really likes to go after dogs and Vander himself is a big dog, so it was a workout for me.)  It was nice to help her out after she helped me too (plus I brought her some Date Energy Bars I made - almost like bringing cookies).

9:30 A little late taking food to missionaries, I meant to be there at 9.  But when one has extra Cafe Rio Rice and homemade Salsa, one must share!  I love our missionaries, they are just amazing.  I always miss them when they are transferred.  And now our family is getting transferred.  Luckily I was able to call the family of the one from Utah and coordinate bringing a package here for her (Jamison is working in Utah right now). 

10:30 Pick up Grace from friends - 7 hours at a friend's house complete with Caipira party (not the alcoholic drink, but Caipira meaning Country.)  Grace has such great friends we will REALLY miss them.

10:59 Finally home, fall into bed.  Grateful I wasn't lazy today.  Carpe Diem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment