Sunday, June 8, 2014

Full of it

What do you get when you have 2 jam packed days?

Behind in blogging.

Thursday.  Missionary Lunch. . . .

Which means all morning cooking : Cafe Rio Rice, Fruit Salad, Black Bean Pineapple Salsa (thanks Vince and Ally), Pork Carnitas (amazing), and Sugar Cookie Bars

Which means Felix and Miles become professional toy spreaders all over the house.  But I reflect on what a blessing it is to have twins that can play together all morning! 

Which means after cooking all day we have a great meal (did I mention the pork was amazing!) Afterwards, I drive the missionaries wherever they need to go.  I pick up the kids from school.  My friend comes over for yoga.  Grace gets to go walk my friends dog with her.  I pick up Oliver from soccer.  I give some more missionaries (a different companionship) a ride after they visited someone in our area.  I invite our neighbors over for dinner because I have a lot of great food left over.  I give up on rolling out the homemade tortillas because there just isn't time and we settle for the sub-par wraps I can buy here.  But the delicious pork really deserved better! 

We have a lovely dinner and conversation with the Cahills.  We are really going to miss them.  The three youngest come with me to watch Capoeira in our friend's neighborhood. 

Capoeira . . . .

was just awesome.  Even though we came on the wrong day where they weren't really doing any moves but focusing on the music.  Abby was VERY disappointed.  But after a while our friends came over and Abby and Miles went and played some music with the group.  Felix really didn't want to get involved although he LOVES to play the berimbau at home. 

I am feeling quite emotional and most everything makes me tear up.  Watching soccer games, watching soccer commercials, watching the official World Cup song (when I first heard it I thought it was so lame, and now it makes we cry)  So watching capoeira with the kids from church that I have spent so much time with and Alteide who is just an awesome kid really touched my heart.  My little tiny red-headed Miles just went and cuddled up with Alteide as if he was just at home.  And he is, Miles who totally stands out is at home here.  Abby fit right in to the circle and chatted with the teenage girl.  Felix wanted to run out and play on a playground. 



I think I was the only one assessing the risks.  I kept telling them we were not in our own neighborhood with gates and security guys always monitoring.  It was dark.  We were doing everything that the original guidelines to foreigners tell us not to.  There were two groups of around 10 guys each just watching.  Which made me nervous, but I had to remember when they don't have computers and internet people actually go outside.  

But despite the risks we had a great time.  Here is the videographic evidence. 

Miles playing music



Abby doing capoeira even though she had no idea how



Alteide doing capoeira (he really knows how)



Felix and I sitting


I think that is enough, our typical non-stop Friday will have to wait. 

1 comment: