Today has been plenty full.
Grace stayed home from school for a dermatologist appointment. It was at 10:15. By 11:30 when we still hadn't seen the doctor and Felix and Miles were completely done with waiting. I really didn't have time for that today.
We met Felix's friend, Rapha (ha-fa) at the park today. They are such cute friends together. They love trucks and sand and soccer. They are just so cute. Poor Rapha had a hard time saying goodbye. His mom wrote later, "Rapha
was so sad today when we were driving to school after the park he said,
so I want to leave this place too now, and go to America!" Rapha's mom is from New Zealand and his dad is Brazilian. So Rapha speaks English, another plus for Felix.
We were too late to get Grace back to school so she just stayed home. I didn't get much accomplished when it was time to get some ingredients to actually make something for dinner, and then pick up the kids. While I was waiting I got a text from Grace. "Brother Bruno is at our house."
WHAT?!?!?!?! Indeed. Brother Bruno, aka Joao Fabio, is our dear friend who moved to Canada in March to study English. He was coming back in September, but we would have missed him. But he came back early (after finishing his class.) It was such an amazing surprise! I just couldn't believe it. The whole time we visited, I just couldn't believe it.
Tonight was a little crazy. Jamison was in Rio for a world cup game. Oliver went to his best friend's house for the last time. I had my Korean friend stop by right before I needed to get ready to go out to eat with my friends for the last time. I needed to take Grace and Abby to a friend's who could drive them to the church to practice a dance. Then I picked up my two friends for dinner.
We had a great dinner. We ate this fish. Which I loved, plus much more. We had a great time chatting. I will really miss this. Then it was back to drop my friends at home (so hard to say goodbye.) Then pick up the kids at church. Oliver was dropped off by my friend. Everyone was SO tired by the end of the day.
I am ready to fall asleep on the keyboard now. Jamison is still driving home from Rio. Maybe he will arrive between 2 or 3 am.
It has been such a full day.
Hopefully I can pack a suitcase or two tomorrow!




No comments:
Post a Comment